Senior Project & Project Engineer
Move your career forward at our well respected and award winning Boston area firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil and environmental projects in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We're hiring all levels of talented staff for our Massachusetts offices including our headquarters in Quincy, and our Woburn and Cape Cod Offices.
Discipline Focus: water, wastewater and stormwater engineering, studies, field work, design, permitting, modeling and construction phase services.
Some of the things you will be doing:
Senior Project Engineer:
- Write and prepare reports, plans, specifications, permit applications, technical memoranda and meeting minutes.
- Prepare project scopes and budgets for new work and track budgets on existing projects as part of the project management team.
- Independently or as part of a project team, make or participate in presentations relating to marketing, client management, technical concerns or specific project related meeting.
- Use your experience and knowledge to manage and direct junior staff on various design and construction projects emphasizing design proficiency, accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
- Participate in or oversee the management of construction projects including: review shop drawings; prepare responses to RFIs and Proposed Change Orders; make observations of the construction progress; coordinate and attend construction progress meetings; prepare meeting minutes and field trip reports; assist with equipment start-up, testing, and training; and, prepare SOPs and O&M manuals.
- Prepare technical papers for publication at professional association conferences.
- Support the growth and development of junior staff.
- Expand existing client relationships and identify and develop new clients.
- Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Prepare design calculations, plans, and specifications for wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, SCADA, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Complete hydraulic and hydrologic evaluations of water distribution, wastewater collection systems and stormwater catchment areas using modeling software, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, MEPA, or local Conservation Commission Wetlands Protection Act) for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as a water quality sampling program, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
Senior Project Engineer applicants should be a Registered Professional Engineer. If working towards PE, obtain said within the first year of employment. Applicants must have knowledge of pubic bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.
Project Engineer applicants must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, working towards Professional Engineer registration. Applicants must have knowledge of pubic bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.
Environmental Partners Group is a rapidly growing and award winning multidisciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Quincy, MA with offices in Woburn and Hyannis, MA, and Middletown, CT. Environmental Partners specializes in a wide range of engineering disciplines to support our public and private sector clients. Our core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Drinking Water, Emergency Management Services, Environmental, GIS & Asset Management, Owner’s Project Management (OPM), Stormwater, Traffic & Transportation, and Wastewater.
Please apply using the following link:
No phone calls please.