Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer – Middletown, CT
Join Environmental Partners (EP) in our Middletown, CT office and move your career forward at a well-respected and award winning firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil, environmental, and transportation projects in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Named a Hot Firm by the Zweig Group in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 which “honors the fastest growing firms in the AEC industry.” EP is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm and an equal opportunity employer.
Environmental Partners Group is a rapidly growing and award winning multidisciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Quincy, MA with offices in Woburn and Hyannis, MA, and Middletown, CT. Environmental Partners specializes in a wide range of engineering disciplines to support our public and private sector clients. Our core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Drinking Water, Emergency Management Services, Environmental, Infrastructure Asset Management, Owner’s Project Management (OPM), Stormwater, Traffic & Transportation, and Wastewater.
We are seeking a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in municipal water, wastewater, and/or stormwater engineering projects, including planning, design, and construction of related projects in Connecticut or Massachusetts. This individual will be based in Middletown, Connecticut, yet may be involved in multiple project assignments with diverse clients throughout the firm.
Some of the things you may be doing:
Senior Project Engineer:
- Write and prepare reports, plans, specifications, permit applications, technical memoranda and meeting minutes.
- Prepare project scopes and budgets for new work and track budgets on existing projects as part of the project management team.
- Independently or as part of a project team, make or participate in presentations relating to marketing, client management, technical concerns or specific project related meeting.
- Use your experience and knowledge to manage and direct junior staff on various design and construction projects emphasizing design proficiency, accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
- Participate in or oversee the management of construction projects including: review shop drawings; prepare responses to RFIs and Proposed Change Orders; make observations of the construction progress; coordinate and attend construction progress meetings; prepare meeting minutes and field trip reports; assist with equipment start-up, testing, and training; and, prepare SOPs and O&M manuals.
- Prepare technical papers for publication at professional association conferences.
- Support the growth and development of junior staff.
- Expand existing client relationships and identify and develop new clients.
- Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Prepare design calculations, plans, and specifications for wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, SCADA, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Complete hydraulic and hydrologic evaluations of water distribution, wastewater collection systems and stormwater catchment areas using modeling software, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, MEPA, or local Conservation Commission Wetlands Protection Act) for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as a water quality sampling program, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
Senior Project Engineer applicants should be a Registered Professional Engineer. If working towards PE, obtain said within the first year of employment. Applicants must have knowledge of public bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.
Project Engineer applicants must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, working towards Professional Engineer registration. Applicants must have knowledge of public bidding and permitting processes, and excellent communication and writing skills.
Please apply using the following links:
Senior Project Engineer
No phone calls please.