Project Engineer – Quincy, MA, Woburn, MA or Middletown, CT
Join Environmental Partners (EP), an Apex Company, and move your career forward at a well-respected and award winning firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil, environmental, and transportation projects in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Named a Hot Firm by the Zweig Group in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 which “honors the fastest growing firms in the AEC industry,” EP is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm and an equal opportunity employer.
Discipline Focus: water and wastewater engineering, studies, field work, design, permitting, construction phase services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Project Engineer to grow with us. A Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Project Team with project documentation and control, maintaining budgets and schedules, project coordination, project reviews, and technical proposals. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks to completion.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prepare design calculations, plans, and specifications for wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, SCADA, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Complete hydraulic evaluations of water distribution and wastewater collection systems using hydraulic modeling, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, MEPA, or local Conservation Commission Wetlands Protection Act) for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as a water quality sampling program, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate/interact within project teams and with clients.
- Ability to direct activities of less experienced staff.
- Demonstrated and increasingly effective written and oral skills.
- Strong experience in AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards.
Apex Companies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200. Likewise, feel free to reach out to us if you would like to view or discuss Apex policy related to equal employment opportunity or have any related concerns. EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Please apply using the following link:
No phone calls please.