Senior Hydrogeologist – Quincy, MA
Join Environmental Partners (EP), an Apex Company, and move your career forward at a well-respected and award winning firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil, environmental, and transportation projects in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Named a Hot Firm by the Zweig Group in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 which “honors the fastest growing firms in the AEC industry,” EP is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm and an equal opportunity employer.
EP is seeking an experienced water supply hydrogeologist to work with our growing staff on an expanding base of groundwater supply search and development projects. Registration and experience as a Licensed Site Professional (LSP) a real plus.
The candidate should be a practicing water supply Hydrogeologist. This position requires experience in hydrogeology/groundwater engineering with emphasis on hydrogeologic site characterization, environmental geochemistry, and remediation. M.S. in geology, hydrology, or groundwater engineering preferred. The applicant must have prior consulting engineering and project management experience focused on water resources, water supply development, cleanup of contaminated sites and stormwater management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and conduct hydrogeologic studies for groundwater supply development
- Oversee data synthesis, and analysis using innovative procedures
- Manage staff engaged in drilling and data collection
- Design, conduct and analyze aquifer tests and other and other hydrologic analysis
- Work with Client/Project Managers in complying with assigned project schedules and budget on more complex projects by actively reporting on project progress and by identifying additional work outside the contractual scope of work.
- Review and potentially create Health and Safety Plans for job sites and be responsible for personal and team safety in the field;
- Work closely with other Project/Client Managers and assume responsibility for financial performance on tasks or projects under their control.
- Supervise and train less experienced staff by proving daily guidance and checking their work and progress.
- Develop technical approaches, schedules, and fee estimates for proposals on large-scale or more complex projects to produce an effective and quality proposal.
- Assist in the coordination and attend client meetings. Prepare and perform oral presentations for clients regarding project deliverables.
- Demonstrate awareness of corporate priorities regarding the quality of work, client satisfaction, and project profitability.
- Work will consist of office and field site work.
- BA/BS degree in hydrogeology, geology or related disciplines required. MS degree in hydrogeology, geology or groundwater engineering preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of professional experience preferred.
- Professional Geologist certification a plus.
- LSP registration is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with groundwater flow and contaminant transport models.
- Must have the ability to prepare correspondence and technical reports and to interpret data, technical reports, procedures and regulations.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry-standard software (i.e. Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in spatial data analysis using Arc/INFO and ArcGIS.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Be familiar with and have a working knowledge of Federal and State laws such as: the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, EPA NPDES program and new water supply approvals.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, contribute as part of an integrated team, and work independently with guidance.
- Knowledge of water quality issues in New England.
Apex Companies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200. Likewise, feel free to reach out to us if you would like to view or discuss Apex policy related to equal employment opportunity or have any related concerns. EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Please apply using the following link:
No phone calls please.