Stormwater Project Manager – Quincy, MA
Join Environmental Partners (EP), an Apex Company, and move your career forward at a well-respected and award-winning firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil, environmental, and transportation projects in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Named a Hot Firm by the Zweig Group in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 which “honors the fastest growing firms in the AEC industry.” EP is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm and an equal opportunity employer.
A Project Manager (PM) has acquired the requisite experience and technical knowledge to be recognized within the firm as having expertise in a specialty area with their discipline and/or has demonstrated effectiveness in planning and managing projects, maintaining budgets and schedules, building and maintaining positive client relations, demonstrated effectiveness in developing new clients through proactive marketing and repeat business with existing clients. As a prerequisite, meets all criteria of a Sr. Project Engineer. The Project Manger’s role is multifaceted, including the following duties and responsibilities:
Reports to: Director of Planning
- Supervises and directs individuals or teams of technical staff on complex stormwater, land development, and permitting projects and/or multiple simple projects.
- Assist in the training and technical development of staff by various means including holding training seminars, providing technical guidance during project execution, and bringing new technical developments in-house.
- Consults with other technical staff and Project Managers on technical issues in the area of expertise and provides technical reviews on projects that he/she may otherwise may not be involved.
- Recognizes the potential risks of nonstandard technical matters or potential legal disputes by participating in required insurance training to minimize the firms liability.
- Works with minimal direction or supervision through demonstrated success with similar project responsibilities.
- Oversees technical accuracy of project through regular communications with project staff, review of plans, specification, reports, and calculations to ensure compliance with the firms standards.
- Make technical presentations to the client and at public meetings to review and discuss project details.
- Initiate Projects: Prepare proposals/scopes of work and project budgets for approval by Director. For assigned projects, complete project initiation documents that include detailed scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Manage Project Implementation: With assigned project team, ensure that all steps and procedures are taken according to company operating procedures and that all work is completed as planned and scheduled. This includes keeping the client informed of the on-going status of a project and providing adequate management, advice, and support to the members of the project team.
- Coordinate/Communicate with Peers and Subconsultants: Work with other project managers to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Supervise Interdisciplinary Team: Coordinate subconsultants/subcontractors and staff on the execution and scheduling of the project scope of work.
- Provide Technical Advice: Contribute to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and others, when requested.
- Prepare High Quality Reports: Ensure that the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per company standard operating procedures using standard company formats.
- Client Management: Meet regularly with key clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
- Budget Tracking and Invoicing: Track all projects costs, including labor and expenses, versus the project, and ensure that invoices are issued to the client in a timely manner in accordance with company policy.
- Communicate Opportunities: Present potential new business or resource information, competitive situation or technology/regulatory factors to the company.
- Control Costs: As part of the management of each project ensure that costs are kept in line with the original budget for time, travel, and material expenses. Discuss variations with supervisor and issue project notices to reflect agreed upon changes.
- Maximize Project Profitability: Through appropriate project budgeting/pricing, utilization of resources and cost controls, maximize the profit margin on individual projects.
- Be a Public Relations Ambassador: Be proactive in presenting and communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company.
- Maintain Marketing Materials: At the conclusion of each project, or major task within a project, develop a project description for that project/task in accordance with approved company formats to be used as marketing materials.
- Relationship Building: Solicit New Clients/Projects. In interfacing with potential or existing clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or being formulated. Set up meetings and/or participate in the development of proposals requested.
- Prepares proposals, participate in project interviews, attend and participate in public meetings, prepare fee proposals, and prepare contracts and present information to new and future potential clients
- Prepares contracts and negotiates fees associated with new projects.
- Manage and Develop Project Staff: Recognize the strengths and areas needing improvement for assigned project staff. Manage, support, and evaluate each individual towards achieving his or her maximum potential. Performs annual reviews of staff.
- Coordinate workload with staff and other Project Managers including forecasts and coordination of staff and resources.
Education and Experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in relevant field, 9 years of experience of increasing responsibility, or a Masters Degree in a relevant field with 8 years of experience. Experience with Stormwater Management, Land Development and Local and State Permitting.
Registrations: Registered Professional Engineer or other Professional Registrations as appropriate for their primary field of expertise in State(s) where EP does work or ability to obtain same by reciprocity.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated ability to work effectively with clients, staff, subconsultants and contractors through effective leadership, and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Apex Companies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200. Likewise, feel free to reach out to us if you would like to view or discuss Apex policy related to equal employment opportunity or have any related concerns. EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Please apply using the following link:
No phone calls please.