Over the last decade, EP has supported the Town of Sharon with water main replacement projects. Replacing thousands of linear feet of water mains throughout the town, support has also included new hydrants, valves, and service connections including additional services from the new main to the curb stop.
EP and the Town continue to work through many neighborhoods and areas, and completed and ongoing projects include:
Glendale Road & Massapoag Avenue
- Glendale Rd.: Replacement of approximately 4,500 linear feet of unlined cast-iron pipe from the late 1800’s with new 8-in. ductile-iron water main.
- Massapoag Ave.: Approximately 4,000 linear feet of existing 6-in. cast-iron pipe with 12-in. ductile-iron water main.
- Replacement of existing 12” main to East Street
- Replacement of approximately 2,900 linear feet of 6-in. cast iron and 8-in. asbestos-cement pipe with new 12-in. ductile-iron water main.
Brook Road & East Foxboro Street
- Replacement of 3,500 linear feet of 6-in. cast-iron and 6-in. asbestos-cement water main within Brook Road from North Main Street with new 8-in. ductile-iron water main.
- Replacement of approximately 2,500 linear feet of 10-in. asbestos-cement and 6-in. cast-iron pipe with new 12-in. and 8-in. ductile-iron water main on East Foxboro Street. The new water main will connect to an existing 12-in. cast-iron stub left at Cedar Street and Garden Street.
Belcher Street & S. Pleasant Street Area
- Cleaning and installing a new cured-in-place structural liner within the existing 6-in. cast-iron and 6-in. and 8-in. asbestos-cement water mains within Belcher Street and Atlas Road.
- Installation of approximately 2,950 linear feet of new 6-in. ductile iron water main within the South Pleasant Street area.
East Foxboro Street & Mohawk Street
- Abandonment of the existing 10-in. asbestos-cement water main on East Foxboro Street between Beach Road and Colburn Ave and the existing 6-in. asbestos-cement water main on Mohawk Street.
- Installation of approximately 3,700 linear feet of 12-in. ductile-iron water main on East Foxboro Street and approximately 1,900 linear feet of 8-inch ductile-iron water main on Mohawk Street.
Route 1/General Edwards Highway
- Replacement of approximately 575 linear feet of 12-inch water main within the right-of-way of General Edwards Highway (Route 1) between #975 and #1075 General Edwards Highway with new 12” HDPE water main, directionally drilled.
Suffolk Road Emergency Replacement
- Abandonment of the existing 6-in. asbestos-cement water main and the installation of approximately 500 linear feet of new 6-in. ductile-iron water main.
- Replacement of approximately 850 linear feet of 6” asbestos cement water main on Grove Avenue and Beach Street between East Foxboro Street and Grove Avenue with new 6” ductile iron water main.
Sharon Heights Phase 1
- Abandonment of approximately 4,200 linear feet of existing 6-in. water mains.
- Installation of new 6-inch ductile-iron water mains on Lee Road, Essex Road between Lee Road and Webb Road, and Suffolk Road between Linda Road and Webb Road.
Sharon Heights Phase 2
- Abandonment of approximately 3,625 linear feet of existing 6-in. water mains.
- Installation of new 6-inch ductile-iron water mains on Norfolk Place, Middlesex Road between Norfolk Place and Mark Road, Mark Road, and Worcester Road.
Sharon Heights Phase 3
- Abandonment of approximately 1,700 linear feet of existing 6-in. water mains
- Installation of new 6-inch ductile-iron water mains on Garden Street and on Clarke Court between Garden Street and Webb Road.
South Pleasant Street Phase 2
- Replacement of about 6,000 linear feet of 6” cast iron water main with new 6” ductile iron water main.
Whitney Place to American Legion: South Main Street
- Replacement of 1,100 linear feet of existing asbestos cement water main with new 8” ductile iron water main.